ARTES VIVAS INTERNATIONAL CALL 2018
INTERNATIONAL CALL 2018
ON THE CALL
In this call, we invite all international artists interested to present creation and research projects within the field of Artes Vivas, –dance, performance, music, theatre and all the possible crosses among the disciplines–, whether as individuals, companies, collectives, amongst others.
For us, residencies are the heart that mobilizes NAVE, and we see the artistic research as a space for the production of knowledge and critical thought, for the creation of alternative ways of relation with others and the exchange with surrounding contexts at a social, cultural and political level. Due to the previous, we are interested in projects that experiment with hybrid forms, –beyond its disciplinary frontiers–, which take risks in its practices, production modes and ways to propose its connection with the world.
We want to give support to those new creation and research projects in our residency, or that are in a development phase, as well as provide value to the proposals that grant a value to investigation and not only the production of a piece. In this new call, we developed 3 different residencies, opening the chance to carry out technical residencies in our space.
We believe important that the creative and research processes are shared and open in a way, so we expect all proposals for residencies to consider an exchange with the community, through a workshop, opening of processes, encountering situations or any other participation form, with the aim that this action makes sense to each project and generates feedback to it.
Here below we detail the different kind of residencies to which you can send your project:
- Creation and research residency:
Residency aimed to develop creative and investigative processes, regardless of the development phase in which the project is, with an emphasis in the experimentation within working studios.
> Space: White Studio, Studio 1, Studio 2, or Terrace.
> Duration: 2 weeks minimum / 1 month maximum.
- Creation and research residency + Technical residency for setting-up and performances:
Residency aimed to develop creative and investigative processes with an emphasis in the experimentation. This residency will be divided into 2 phases: first one to create and investigate within working studios, and second one to be able to set-up and perform in the Theatre. Within this period of mounting, the goal will be to experiment with the space and with technical elements –lighting, sound and image– of the Theatre, in order to rely on a space with the conditions and technical accompaniment that strengthens the final crafting and staging.
> Space: White Studio, Studio 1, Studio 2, or Terrace
> Duration: 2 weeks minimum / 1 month maximum
> Space: Theatre
> Duration: 8 following days + premiere and 3 performances
- Technical research residency:
Residency created to develop technical investigation processes exclusively, with technical equipment and accompaniment. This residency is oriented to artists that are interested in experimenting with the space and technical elements –lighting, sound and image– of the Theatre, and so they can dig deeply in their practices related to performative languages, no matter the development phase in which the project is.
In this residency there will be NO opening in the Theatre and the exchange proposal with the community will be through a workshop or other means of participation.
> Space: Theatre
> Duration: 5 following days
For more information on the general characteristics of the spaces, you can download our TECHNICAL RIDER of NAVE’s working spaces HERE.
This call is to program residencies between April 2018 and January 2019.
Projects must include only one PDF document with the following information:
> Project presentation (5 pages maximum):
- Type of residency: (1) Creation and research residency / (2) Creation and research residency + Technical residency for setting-up and performances / (3) Technical research residency. In case your project is presented to Residency (1) or (2), specify working studio.
- Description: Presentation of the project, investigation inquiries, artistic view, references (esthetic, theoretical, etc.), working team. In case your project is presented to (3) Technical research residency, detail what and how you are planning to investigate in technical terms (lighting, sound, audiovisual, among others).
- Technical rider: Preliminary technical rider, only when your project corresponds to (3) Technical research residency.
- Working plan: Working methodology and practical proposal on how to develop the project regarding schedule and phases, considering as well the inclusion of the exchange proposal with the community within the project.
Dates and duration: Establish ideal residency dates, with at least one alternative, and its duration.
- Exchange proposal with the community: Proposal on how the investigation will be shared, whether as a workshop, process opening or other way of participation.
- Why NAVE?: Tell us why you wish to come to this specific context of Santiago de Chile and in particular to NAVE.
- Financing and support: Mention sources of financing for the project and other institutions that support it.
> Brief CV of the artist, company, collective or other (1 page maximum).
> Online material of previous work (1 page maximum).
* Already premiered pieces will not be received.
* Schedules and work spaces will be agreed on according to the needs of the project and NAVE’s availability.
* All documents must be in Spanish, English or French.
¿What does NAVE offer?
> Residency with use of working spaces. The rehearsing studios will be rent out in case the project has support from a fund that includes renting of work space.
> Accommodation in shared rooms and breakfast.
> In case the project is presented to (2) Creation and research residency + Technical residency for setting-up and performances, NAVE establishes an agreement on the sale of tickets of 70% for the artists and 30% for NAVE.
> Accompaniment from NAVE’s staff on a technical, production, communication and content level.
> Dissemination in our platforms and associated medias.
* We are interested in artists that apply for a residency which are co-creators of their conditions for the projects, finding means of financing the production, transportation and per diems, which are NOT covered. In case your project is selected, NAVE will be able to hand support letters for the search of financing and partnerships for the project.
THIS CALL WILL BE OPEN FROM SEPTEMBER 1st TO NOVEMBER 30th of 2017.
*The selection will be done by the artistic directive staff of NAVE*
We want to support projects that take risks, that reflect on its practices, that put itself in crisis, that transcend the disciplinary limits and the already known knowledge, that feel urges, that put in tension habits of its own making, that are attentive to the body, to experience and relation with the other, the world and the surrounding backgrounds.
The results will be delivered during the month of January 2018 via e-mail.
> Send us your project with the subject “International Call 2018” to firstname.lastname@example.org